General Internet Outage info?
TJG12

Where can I find general info about current FiOS Internet outages? We've been having intermittent service, mostly off,  since last night. Is the "Verizon is working to restore your services," generic/fixed text, or does that indicate an actuall outage? Is there a map or list of issues?

I went through a bunch of steps on my phone over LTE last night. It showed lots of progress bars, with "Please wait..." messages, but gave NO feedback on the results of the tests that were perfromed, or if they could ping my router or anything.

0 Likes
Re: General Internet Outage info?
JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately there is no official "outage map" maintained by Verizon. There is an online map called "Down Detector" http://downdetector.com/status/verizon/map/

However it isn't very accurate. This may sound silly, but do you have any neighbors who use Verizon as well? If it was a neighborhood-wide issue, they would be affected as well.

Best bet would be to continue and call Verizon support.

Re: General Internet Outage info?
johnc0817

There was an outage last week as well as just 30 minutes ago in my area. I finally signed up for email and text message alerts regarding outages. I also changed my notification settings to receive a phone call when service is restored. I believe other than that, there's not much else we as customers can do other than call customer service and listen to the dreadful music for however long. I was on the phone one night last week for almost an hour with no agent "available" and just hung up.

There's a lot of things I would like to say but I agreed with their terms so I'll keep my thoughts reserved. I think you know where I'm going with this.

0 Likes