Getting Fios in My Unit
Br00klynW

I’ve seen similar posts, so I’m hoping someone can help. I see that half of the units in my 8-unit building have Fios but the others, mine included, do not. I’ve tried the online chat and the customer service number and no has been able to help. How can I get a Fios line run to my unit as well? 

0 Likes
Re: Getting Fios in My Unit
MrMassTransit

So when you search your address in the FiOS availability locator on the Verizon site, it shows other apartment numbers but not yours?

I can only speak from my own experience - I oversaw the project to get our building retrofitted with FiOS. We had a handful of units that we couldn't access on the day of the install so Verizon's contractors couldn't micro duct to them (the tube that will bring the fiber cable to the unit). However we made accommodations like coiling it nearby in case the owner ever wanted service. But all those units - the entire building - show up in the Verizon system for ordering service.

If only four units show up but the other four do not, I'd go to the building owner or management to see if they can shed any light on the situation. I suppose you could also try having Verizon submit a FAST ticket but depending in the work that would need to be done to bring fiber to your unit, you may need the building owner's permission to authorize the work.

0 Likes
Re: Getting Fios in My Unit
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

I am wondering whether the OP, property owner, or the local HOA has signed easements with Verizon. The easement grants VZ to use a portion of the property indefinitely for the purpose of installing and maintaining telco infrastructure. Sometimes, the units don't have an easement form with legal team, so the field operations are reluctant to wire the apartments.

0 Likes