Getting Fios to newly built house
mcdewey

I've moved to a newly built house. The next door neighbor and the neighbors across the street have Fios. I need the new house to have Fios. I've made several calls/chats to Verizon representatives but am unable to get any idea of when it might be installed. They've said they'd notify Engineering and get back to me. They haven't.

How do I put in an order to have Fios run into my house and a date when it will happen?

I suspended my old service while I wait for a response, so I intend on returning to Verizon and I really don't want to move to Comcast, but I might start talking with them if I can get some kind of Internet/TV service. The other neighbors with a newly built house got up and running quickly.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Getting Fios to newly built house
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some people find that by ordering phone service, you can get engineering and ordering to "take" sooner. Verizon won't hook up copper phone service if you happen to be in a FiOS equipped neighborhood.

You can also try to reach out to the DSLReports's forum. They have a Verizon Direct forum that can help you out. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mcdewey

That is, the other new neighbors got Comcast service in quickly.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Some people find that by ordering phone service, you can get engineering and ordering to "take" sooner. Verizon won't hook up copper phone service if you happen to be in a FiOS equipped neighborhood.

You can also try to reach out to the DSLReports's forum. They have a Verizon Direct forum that can help you out. https://www.dslreports.com/forum/vzdirect

0 Likes
mcdewey

Thanks. I finally got a customer representative who understood the issue, put in the appropriate work order and got the ball moving. A couple days later, the builder saw Verizon run a line over to the lot. Now we just have to wait until 11/24 for a technician to arrive at run it from the lot edge into the house. I hope the technician knows that and doesn't expect the line to already be run up to the house. Kind of a communications vacuum.

0 Likes