Giant holes and cable across lawn for over a year now.
FortWayne

I am not a Verizon customer but there was work done on a Verizon box, photo attached, in my front yard 14 months ago. Stakes were put up and a cable was left on the surface of the yard, at the other end of my yard stakes were left up and an exposed trench was there. It has been so long, and no one has attended to it. I have picked up the rotting stakes and replanted them along the wire so I don't mow or weed wack it and the same at the trench so I don't break an ankle.  These are not in an easement, but in my front yard.

I am nearing the point of just cutting the wire and filling the hole myself because no one will talk to me since I'm not a customer. I have joined this community as a last ditch effort to get this resolved.  You can see what I assume is the location/box id numbers in the first photo. It says property of Verizon on the other side of the box. I am in Fort Wayne, IN

imageimageimage

0 Likes
Re: Giant holes and cable across lawn for over a year now.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi FortWayne,

Frontier Communications acquired all of Verizon's wireline assets in Indiana in 2009.  Please reach out to Frontier for help with your issue, as they now provide the landline services previously provided by Verizon in your state.

0 Likes