Gigabit fios repeated periodic disconnecting
superDuperDoggy

We signed up for and just had a tech some to setup our gigabit fios for us this morning. Due to living in an older apartment building, ethernet cable was not an option. All the cable boxes are located in the basement of the apartment and we live on the third floor, there's no way we can drag an ethernet cable from the basement to us, so we're left to use the coaxial cable that's already part of the building for fios. The final setup being that there's a little black box moca adapter connected to our ONT box down in the basement. And then inside our apartment another moca adapter box connects to the coaxial cable coming out of the wall, and then the moca adapter connects to the new router from verizon which is the G3100. 

Everything worked great when it was setup but then after about an hour all my internet stopped, both on my computer and our phones via wifi. It took a reboot of the router to get the internet back. I thought everything would be good now but then throughout the day every 30 minutes to an hour I would have my internet disconnected, sometimes it will connect back after a few minutes but most of the time I need to reboot the router to get the internet back. When I was disconnected I went into the router status and it says everything is connected. The circle light on the router itself is solid white, and I can see blinking lights on both the router and the moca adapter. 

We're calling verizon now but haven't been able to get to tech support. What could be the cause and what can I do to try to fix this?

0 Likes
Re: Gigabit fios repeated periodic disconnecting
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Make sure there is nothing else on the coax connected between the MoCA adapters in basement and the apartment.  It should be a direct coax link between the two with no other devices.  If there are other devices, remove them.

0 Likes
Re: Gigabit fios repeated periodic disconnecting
superDuperDoggy

Yup I double checked, in the basement it's ONT to MoCA via ethernet, then the MoCA goes into a coaxial which goes up into the wall and then in my apartment it's the coaxial coming out of the wall into another MoCA, and then into the router via ethernet. 

0 Likes