Good as long as you stay with them
dp110

I am amused how Verizon manages customer complaints. Infact if you look closely it is indeed all very well crafted to enable them do the shoddy work they do. Sharing my experience over the last month and half over various modes of customer support. I placed a request to disconnected my fios service on about June 18, 2018 as my contract was over on June 23.

• On June 23, as expected the service is disconnected.
  • I called up the customer service to ask them about future bills, if the bill would still hit my credit card for 23 June-23 July (which shouldn’t since its disconnected). I was told I don’t owe Verizon and was assured no payment would hit my credit card. 10-15 days later my credit card is charged nonetheless.
  • I call up again, this time I was assured that it was because by the time my account was disconnected, the bill was generated about the same time and was told that it will get reversed in the next few days.
  • I waited till July 23, another bill is issued, this time with 0.0 bill amount (no reversal). I waited a few days and then disputed the charge with my Credit Card and got it back. As soon as that happened Verizon was active in reaching out to intimate that a payment has been reversed and I owe them (what for!).
  • I called again (you must appreciate my patience) on August 06, was handled by a guy named John who was very sorry for the problems I faced (they all are). I spent about 30 min on phone and was assured that everything is taken care of, I was given a ref no and was told I will receive email confirmation after 5pm the same day and a letter will follow. As I should have expected 2 days later and nothing has happened.
  • I reached out today again on Chat and again after wasting a lot of time I got schooled in some ‘Policies’ of Verizon. First, the guy could not retrieve anything from the reference no I got couple of days back, second he told me nothing can be done now and I should wait till next bill on 23 Aug!!

I just don’t understand how this organization works. Had not experienced anything as marvelous.

0 Likes
Re: Good as long as you stay with them
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dp1,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes