Good-bye verizon, hello wolrd
Normx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Goodbye Verizon, Hello World Account: 012xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Customer Id Code: 11xxxxxxx Customer since 1995 with 56k dial-up But not much longer. {edited for privacy} The service I am suppose to get: High Speed Internet Enhanced 3.1 to 7 Mbps What I really get: download 1.54mbps upload 0.41mbps Wednesday 21May 2014, 01:07:35 PM Your IP: {edited for privacy} Down 1.80 up 0.56 Reboot the modem.Again. Saturday 24-May 2014, 08:12:26 AM Your IP: {edited for privacy} down 1.80 up .56 just like dial up. brings back fond memories. not. Sunday 25-May 2014, 07:55:15 AM Your IP: {edited for privacy} So I do my daily ”how slow is Verizon today?”. http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ Monday 26-May 2014, 07:42:19 AM Your IP: {edited for privacy} up 2.52 down .78 Monday 26-May 2014, 07:35:42 PM Your IP: {edited for privacy} down 2.89 up 0.77 almost like real internet.almost. So I goggle Verizon speed test I choose the “test my internet speed” It goes to “test your lousy internet to our business zoom-zoom fios!!!!!!!” http://www.verizon.com/smallbusiness/internetspeedtest/ Down 1.37 up .71 Now that’s interesting, as the speed is half of speakeasy.net website. So I choose the Verizon speed test on the left. http://www.verizon.com/home/fios-quantum-internet/speedtest.html down 2.90 up 0.71 Now the speed is almost the same as speakeasy.net Must be a mistake. So I run the test on each website several more times. Same results. Is it possible Verizon has deliberately throttled the business site speed by 50% to game the speed??????? Tuesday 27-May 2014, 07:49:56 AM Your IP: {edited for privacy} down 2.89 up .78 Wednesday 28-May 2014, 07:41:56 AM Your IP: {edited for privacy} down 2.89 up .77 Thank god it's Friday 13-Jun 2014, 07:43:39 AM Your IP: {edited for privacy} down 0.77 up 0.75 Speakeasy result 8/7/2014 8:53 AM 2.89 Mbps 0.76 Mbps 98.112.2.172 Los Angeles, CA 08/13/2014 Service has been sporadic or non-existent for the last five days. Again. 8/13/2014 7:59 PM down 2.46 up .76 new ip {edited for privacy} 8/15/2014 1:39 PM down 2.53 up .76 ip {edited for privacy} 8/15/2014 4:52 PM Now slowly connects to internet. Won’t run speed test. Just sits at preparing download test. 08/16/2014 Get email on my smart phone. Yes, my phone. Can’t get emails from the the dsl line, or net access. “Verizon is experiencing a service disruption”. Notice its Verizon, not the customers, who have the disruption. The best part is it tells the customer to go to a web site to check on the outage. The web page I can't access as the dsl signal is down. What does the web page say, you ask??????? “We are having a disruption of service and are trying real hard to get it back up”. Again. I have finally dumped Verizon “enhanced” dsl for charter.net cable internet access. I went from this: down 2.90 up 0.71(sometimes) To this: down 63.54 up 3.31 Sixty-three point fifty-four mbps Charter cable, internet only cable box What a coincidence, now that I have real “enhanced” internet speed, Netflix flys like a rocket. No rebuffering, no “internet service not available”, no waiting for the movie to reload if I fast forward/rewind. And the best part is……. Drum roll, Please rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.(cymbol crash)! Fri, 30 May 2014 01:31:59 an email from Verizon Dear Valued Verizon Customer, We realize you have choices when it comes to choosing your Broadband provider, and would like to take this opportunity to say thank you for being a loyal customer and for choosing Verizon. In order to continue to bring you quality service and product innovation, at times we need to raise our rates. Your monthly rate will increase by $3.00 That was all I needed to switch to Charter. So I’m going from $35 a month for slow and many times nonexistent service, to $40 for service that is 10 to 20 times faster, and doesn’t demand a bribe, err, a voluntary contribution from Netflix not to be throttled. And does anyone really believe Verizon position why net neutrality is bad????? Verizon Says It Wants to Kill Net Neutrality to Help Blind, Deaf and Disabled People http://billmoyers.com/2014/06/13/verizon-says-it-wants-to-kill-net-neutrality-to-help-blind-deaf-and... Verizon lobbyists are canvassing Capitol Hill with a curious new argument against net neutrality — it hurts disabled people. BAWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA The sad fact is Verizon, and all of the copper wire providers can't wait to dump you. I also cut the satellite/cable TV plans, as 500 channels and nothing to watch. I live in L.A. and are fortunate to have FREE DIGTAL over the air TV. So I programmed my TV to the 15 stations I only watch, use netflix, or gasp, read a book!!!!!!!!! So, good-bye Verizon. Adious. Zoi geen. Adieu. Annyeonghi kyeseyo. Arrivederci. Auf Wiedersehen. Do svidan’ya.

0 Likes
Re: Good-bye verizon, hello wolrd
blu221
Enthusiast - Level 1

I know your pain and at least you have the choice to dump Verizon and go somewhere else. I don't have that choice because of where I live Verizon are the only internet providers. I've been having line issues since they moved me over to their "enhanced" service last year. Two months after I was switched my speed began to get throttled down so I called regular support, no help there, then I came here and Executive Appeals took over my case. Man, was that the worst decision ever because they actually made my line worse; constant dropouts began a week after they began working on my line. The original issue was only the throttling, so it went from that to my line being barely usuable but E A refused to fix the problem they caused and stopped talking to me altogther, left me high and dry. Anyway, back I went to regular support and that has turned into a nightmare. No one listens, no cares and now they want to take away the 7.1M that I've had for several years because they think that is causing the dropouts even though I have repeatedly told them that the E A caused the dropout issue and that I never had any major problems with the 7 megs. Sigh, so now on top of still having the throttling issue and dropouts, they want to downgrade my speed. They have had me at 1mbps (as a test) and I still had the dropouts, so I don't understand why they're insisting on lowering my speed permanently when they themselves (MCO) know the lower speed did not stop/correct the dropouts. This has been going on for 10 very long months and I went from having a mostly issue free, good line to an issue filled, bad line...and it continues. This November will be exactly one year since this ordeal began.

Anyway, didn't mean to hijack your post! But I'm glad at least you could leave Verizon and go somewhere better.

0 Likes
Re: Good-bye verizon, hello wolrd
wiggie116
Contributor - Level 1
Do you have allot of FEC errors on your "wan status" page?

My mother has similar issue. The RT she is on is copper fed and has major congestion. Verizon actually stopped offering DSL on her street and a few others in town. And I don't see them upgrading the equipment anytime soon. Pretty sad they have had all these loyal customers who paid their bill every month to receive a dependable service (in the past) Now it's time for Big Red to invest some of that money back into their info structure so they can continue to provide service DSL, VRAD, FIOS anything.

LTE is not the answer it's the problem. With data consumption growing every year per household 20GB capped data will never work. Unless Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile or Sprint have some magical spectrum.

I would rather see Verizon or AT&T, TWC. ETC....providing wired service. However, I can see why more and more muni broadband projects are started up every year.

0 Likes