Google WiFi nest and GS3200
Trailblazer12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help!  I have the Fios gs3200 router.  Just got the google WiFi nest to expand my connectivity throughout the house.  It’s not working and google thinks it’s because I set up the same WiFi name as the Verizon router.  Does anyone know?  I have the google WiFi nest router plugged into my Verizon router and was trying to add 2 google WiFi best points.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google WiFi nest and GS3200
Trailblazer12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked amazingly enough !  I had Verizon shut off the radio and it worked after that...Thank you very much for your help!

View solution in original post

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you follow these directions

REF https://www.dslreports.com/faq/11233

?

In my own words that FAQ

#1 In the primary NAT router:

a) find the DHCP Range.

b) Make sure that it does not occupy the whole subnet.

c) If it occupy the whole subnet, make it smaller.

For example with it at 192.168.1.1 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the first DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.1.2 and the last DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.1.254 - then you could change it so that the first DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.1.100 and the last DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.1.254 

#2 For that other router, you must:

a) Have it disconnected at this step.

b) Set it's LAN IP Address with the same Subnet as the primary but outside of the DHCP Range of the Primary router's DHCP Range.

For example with the primary IP Address 192.168.1.1 with the subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, the first DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.1.100 and the last DHCP Address that it handles out is 192.168.1.254 - then the other router's LAN IP Address could be 192.168.1.6

c) Disable the DHCP Server in the second RJ-45 WAN port NAT router.

#3 Once you make those changes, now you can connect both of those routers together but this time LAN to LAN.

As well as, did you make sure that the SSID in the Google device is not the same as the FIOS router?

As well as the GS3200 according to Google is not a router. Opps. More like NY-GS3200 5.8GHz 6 Channel Wireless Audio/Video Sender Transmitter & Receiver System. Send Your Cable TV Signal Wirelessly to Another Room. REF URL https://techforluddites.com/wireless-cable-tv/

Trailblazer12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for this information.  Seems more involved then I'm prepared for.  Looks like its possible from what your saying if you manipulate the system?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Trailblazer12 wrote:

Looks like its possible from what your saying if you manipulate the system?

That is correct.

Trailblazer12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!  Seems very involved and not so much a “plug and play” with this router

Trailblazer12
Enthusiast - Level 2

So I just talked to Verizon and they said I can make this work but just disabling the wireless radio within my Verizon router..that sounds easy..do you think that will accomplish what I want?

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Trailblazer12 wrote:

So I just talked to Verizon and they said I can make this work but just disabling the wireless radio within my Verizon router..that sounds easy..do you think that will accomplish what I want?

I do not know for sure. Try it and see what happens. If that does not work, you may have to do it the way that I posted.

Trailblazer12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Worked amazingly enough !  I had Verizon shut off the radio and it worked after that...Thank you very much for your help!