Got new Quantum MI424WR router and dropcam and IP cameras won't respond.
bobh002
Contributor - Level 1

I just got the Quantum MI424WR router installed the other day. i have 1 Dropcam and 4 of the 'old' verizon wirelss ip cameras that they sold for HM&C. Now none of them connect to my Vera system that was working flawlessly prior to my install. I know dropcam only works on 2.4 and i think this router is 2.4 and 5.8 plus i have Verizon installed extenders at 5.8.  None of the cameras will respond to this router. Any help appreciated. 

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Got new Quantum MI424WR router and dropcam and IP cameras won't respond.
Hubrisnxs
Legend

Hi, those drop cams probably need to be configured manually in the new router.  Do you remember getting the new router and configuring port forwarding for the camera's?   do you know what ports need to be forwarded?

I would recommend reconnecting the old router, so that you can get the settings you need copied.   The old router does not need to connect to the internet to do this, in fact simply turn it on (don't need to disconnect your new router, or even hook up coax to it) and then connect to your old wireless.

Go into the configuration pages and copy the settings you need from your port forward menu.  

If you aren't familiar with how to port forward you can use these instructions here.

0 Likes
Re: Got new Quantum MI424WR router and dropcam and IP cameras won't respond.
bobh002
Contributor - Level 1

never had to do port forwarding before. The cameras were plug and play.

0 Likes