HAVE MALWARE!! Verizon and Macafee NO HELP!
kmb12369
Enthusiast - Level 1

Found malware virus on computer named SYSTEM TOOL. Acts like antivirus software, but i didn't trust it so tried to x out of all its prompts. Finally changed my desktop background to warning and I knew something up, but UNABLE TO OPEN ANY OTHER PROGRAMS, including IE, so no internet (on laptop now). Called verizon and was transferred to Macafee and after 40 mins. all I got was, run a scan in safe mode, here's case #, call back if doesn't work. I could barely hear the tech, worse service than verizon(if that's possible). So scan finds 5 viruses and removes, on restart, I NOW HAVE 2 OR 3 MORE. One is a FAKE version of AVG ANTIVIRUS, another is SECURITY SHIELD?. Can';t use computer at all. I pay monthly for Verizon Internet Security Suite. I found a few websites on internet that say you can download their software to remove these things, but which to trust and why can't Macafee help me????

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HAVE MALWARE!! Verizon and Macafee NO HELP!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
McAfee isn't one of the best Anti-malware companies out there, honestly. If your computer can still be used, download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free Edition (http://www.malwarebytes.org/), install it, update it and run a full scan. Also download SUPERAntiSpyware Portable (http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html) after running MalwareBytes, and perform a full scan using that program.

That combination should get rid of the infection.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
McAfee isn't one of the best Anti-malware companies out there, honestly. If your computer can still be used, download MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free Edition (http://www.malwarebytes.org/), install it, update it and run a full scan. Also download SUPERAntiSpyware Portable (http://www.superantispyware.com/portablescanner.html) after running MalwareBytes, and perform a full scan using that program.

That combination should get rid of the infection.
Hubrisnxs
Legend
A lot of the time the virus adds a proxy to your pc settings which disables your ability to surf the web. So open internet explorer and click on tools, select internet options. Click on the connections tab and then the LAN settings button. The first check can be on or off. The second check and third check need to be de-selected, meaning NO checkmarks. No numbers letters NADA!. After that you should be able to browse and google "remove security tools 2010" you will see lots of instructionals on how to get rid of it
figbob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Really....I am having the same problem...I have Malwarebytes and run it every day. It have found or blocked over 6000 malicious programs. However it now doesn't run (new version 2.0) with Verizon Macfee virus program......

Everyone knows that viruses are no longer a big issue. Hell In the past 3 year Verizons security has only found and deleted about 20-30 programs from my computer. But Malwarebytes (MB) has blocked or deleted over 6000 programs in the last 6 months...I can not run it anymore. And Mcafee sayes SORRY but we can not help you. All I need is to have the virus program exclude a few files, or put them on the IGNORE list......But the Indian CHICK said said it  really bad ENGLISH sorry we do not have that feature, you are out of LUCK. TALK TO VERIZON......You bet I am going to talk to verizon.....I was a computer engineer and their security suite SUCKS.....I am more than **bleep** off that I am paying money to protect my system and I get BLOWN off from some foreigner thousands of miles away.....REALLY SAD.....

.Hey maybe TRUMP will help me out.....YA RIGHT....

It is a sad day.......when software companies SUCK....I worked for may of them and we always tested, tested, tested and never let anything as bad as what they have programed out the door without months of extensive tests.....

I am really getting sick of this technology thing after working in the field for 40 plus years and seeing CRAP programs...

SHAME ON YOU VERIZON.....FIX YOU PROGRAM...or get Mcafee to fix it.....you must have paid a fortune for it...

Sorry for the spelling errors.....not in the mood to think about that presently.......

0 Likes
figbob
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for that info...I do have malwarebytes and I am just going to uninstall Verizon MCfee's program and reinstall malware bytes and the other program you suggested......

Thanks...

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over four years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. Please see the current thread on this topic here:

http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Fios-Internet/Verizon-Mcafee-virus-program/m-p/802735

0 Likes