HELP ORDERING DSL !!!
rs8005
Enthusiast - Level 2

A friend of mine is trying to order DSL/DirecTV bundle. Both online and phone sales will not allow him to because they are telling hime DSL is not available to him. It didn't seem right considering we live is a well populated town and his house is 1/2 block from me and I have it. So he called back and gave them my address, his brothers and parents, and my parents, all who have DSL and they told him it is not availbale to any of those addresses. I have had it for 5 years. Entering them online shows the same result. So now we know something is wrong. Nobody he spoke to can provide hime with any answers or explanations. They are basically CSR reps just telling hime what they read on their screens. SO my question is who does he contact to getthis resolved?? It is obvioulsy available and there is a glitch in their system that nobody in our town or 3 surrounding towns can get DSL now, when I can name 50 people I know who have it. Somebody needs to take responsibility as they are surely loosing customers over this. Any help would be appreciated. Live near Scranton PA. Zip 18452.

Thanks

Re: HELP ORDERING DSL !!!
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have him enter in his neighbor's addresses into the Verizon website to see if his neighbors show DSL as being available. It would generally prove to be an incorrect database at this point if neighbors on both sides of him can get DSL. If he can't get it, I would still ask for a ticket to be put into engineering to see if it really is unavailable, and why.

If he can't get DSL for sure, perhaps there is a cable provider he could use to get service. Some cable companies have unadvertised budget tiers that can be found if you ask them.

0 Likes
rs8005
Enthusiast - Level 2

That is the issue. No address in our area that we enter shows that it is available. Including my own address and several others that currently have Verizon DSL.. And their response to every address is "not available" and they wil not go beyond what their comuter screen tells them or connect us to someone who can explore this further. Most reps just basically say you are lying when we tell them that my address is currently using their DSL. Respons was"Sir, not possible, it is not available to them att that address." One rep went as far as telling him that he found my account at my address and that I only have Verizon phone service only and I do not even have a landline phone. Only DSL.   It makes absolutely no sense. Is there a direct number for engineering??

somegirl
Champion - Level 3

It's possible that the reason you are getting that result is not the physical location, but that the local CO is at capacity. They may just not be adding any new customers in that area until they can put in more equipment or move some customers out of that CO.

I can't tell you if that is the case. I recommend calling and asking for a supervisor right from the get-go, since they would be more likely to escalate a ticket.

0 Likes