Has anyone internet speed decrease?
TrustMe1

For the past 3-5 years since i had verizon, i never had this issue before. My internet speed when i download something says: 356kb, but for the past 2-3 months or so, its now saying 262, 275, 290 and 304. It goes up to 315 and drops down to 290 or 301.

i do a speed test and i get 74mbps upload speed, and 251 mbps , 35ms

In maryland, i was told i can't get any higher speeds, but i know people who have 100mbps or something and can download 13GB stuff within 30 mins lol.

Anyways, what are my options, leave verizion? because i spoke with one person so far at customer servive, he says nothing has change, but it has if the speed doesn't say 356kb anymore.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone internet speed decrease?
Ladarom

The people you know at 100Mbps have Optic Fiber or Cable. You have copper wire. My advice is to switch to Optic Fiber or Cable too.
If Verizon hasn't made any changes to your line and it's degrading, then it's gonna be hell for you to get anything changed in your favor.

0 Likes
thomsix

We've seen a speed decrease in TX. I've had issues I didn't have when we went to FIOS opical  years ago. Mostly on the wireless side though.

Seems coincidental to me that the only way to now get the connection strength and speed I had six months ago is to buy a new $99 dollar router.

thomsix

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Assuming your line isn't dropping due to issues with the copper, please ask Verizon to disable the ASSIA optimizer on your line. Once disabled they will then need to provision you to the maximum speed supported by the line and equipment at the CO.

0 Likes
TrustMe1

I ask them that about the ASSIA, they said they can't do it. But that's besides the point, the point here is, as verizion customer for the  past 5 years, my speed for downloading in the download bar when it comes up for anything i download use to say 356kb. now its 244, 250,290, 304kb. what happen to the rest of my speed?

i change phone lines, i got a new verizion and updated modem, etc. nothing . verizion says nothing is wrong . I think they are decreasing speed and lying to us.

all i know once i move to my new area in a few months, im going back to comcast.

0 Likes
TrustMe1

just an update: the speed is back.

i call them back seems like someone decrease the speed for some reason lol

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@TrustMe wrote:

I ask them that about the ASSIA, they said they can't do it. 

They can most certainly do it. You need to ask them to request that MCO turn it off. MCO has the power to do that and also adjust your provisioning profile. You won't be seeing these speed decreases with ASSIA off unless someone either turns it down on you or your line encounters a problem.

0 Likes
Skier7667
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've had my line slowly throttled down from a 3.4 Mb/s provision to now 2.1 Mb/s. I'm pretty sure it's the ASSIA optimizer (de-optimizer is probably more apropos) because it doesn't increase your line speed, it only serves to reduce it further & further.

I get short power outages or blinks in electricity during the summer time and what I notice is that either the modem quickly reboots or I have to turn it off and back on for it to synchronize. Once the ASSIA system senses that I'm reconnecting, it thinks I'm having a problem and keeps bringing me down. One occasion I tried a different gateway modem to see and since I had to turn off and back on everything, I was further throttled down.

How to get get this to stop permanently and have my line set back to at least 3.4 Mb/s. I know this works fine because I have months and months of Speedtest.net results saved and I was fine all that time getting actual 2.90 Mb/s on the provisioned 3.4 Mb/s DSL line.

Help!

0 Likes