Have lost ability to connect Cisco VPN - Westell 6100G modem and Netgear WNR1000 v2 router
imjcleckey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have lost the ability to connect my work laptop VPN through my verizon dsl connection.  It works at the library, at hotels, and over my BB tether.  Corporate IT thinks it is either the router or the modem.  There are also some websites that will not load, such as tetongravity.com.  The websites seem to be a problem over a wired connection as well as wireless, and I have only tried attaching the VPN while on a wirelesss connection.

Any advice on how to straighten this out?  I have rebooted both a couple of times and updated the firmward on the router to no avail.  Also, do you know what the default user name and password are on the modem?

Any help would be appreciated.

John

Re: Have lost ability to connect Cisco VPN - Westell 6100G modem and Netgear WNR1000 v2 router
imjcleckey
Enthusiast - Level 1

PS - it worked last week, and stopped working over the weekend.

Re: Have lost ability to connect Cisco VPN - Westell 6100G modem and Netgear WNR1000 v2 router
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you have not already, pleasebe sure to follow the info at

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

If you have any questions, please ask.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has this problem been resolved? There were a few reports of inability to reach certain websites popping up this week on other forums, so perhaps they are related.

The Default Logins for the modems can be one of the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Router Serial Number

0 Likes