Help wanted: Fios Internet cannot connect to many Chinese websites and Chinese stock trading apps
Johny2

Fios Internet cannot connect to many Chinese websites and Chinese stock trading apps. It just haapped less then 2 weeks ago, Many chinese equity trading apps can not run and many chinese web sites can not connect and access from my home Fios for desk top and lap top PCs as well as several cell phones. But it works fine with mobile data in my home and use other wifi from other places.

It shows communications bad or remote servers are not available at the end.

Verizon tried several time remotely resovle the issue but not worked out and even in-house technicians from Verizon  could not sort it out the problem and get it resolved.

any helps and suggestions or experienced the similar situations are greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Help wanted: Fios Internet cannot connect to many Chinese websites and Chinese stock trading app
Johny2

We live in New jersey and both direct fios and wifi can not work. but those those chinese trading apps and web sites works fine with mobile data and other people wifi from my my home or from ohter places like starbuck coffee, bookstore, mall et al.

0 Likes
Re: Help wanted: Fios Internet cannot connect to many Chinese websites and Chinese stock trading app
Johny2

we tried to use Google and other DSN too but could not work either.

0 Likes
Johny2

we reboot Reuter and reset IP address but could not work either.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have the Home Network Protection feature enabled? Try disabling it temporarily if so, to see if the services start to work again.

https://www.verizon.com/support/consumer/internet/essentials/home-network-protection

Some information on what Home Network Protection is, and how to toggle it.

0 Likes
Johny2

The issue is not related to home prptection as desktop and laptop PC work fine with mobile phone data as well wifi in other places. We did turn off home protection but no help.

I believe it is the issue with Fios  network setting in my home or my local area in NJ. This problem occured just about two weeks. Verizon technicians could not help us so far and even worse the problem ticket is closed although the problem still exists.

At  the least verizon has to provide us the unlimited mobile data until the this problem is resolved as we are working globally depending on internet. If this problem continue, we have to think out cancelling verizon service all together.

0 Likes
Johny2

here are some examples of web sites we could not access now but can access two weeks before:

126.com

https://acttg.eastmoney.com/pub/pctg_hskh_act_ttjjdfcfdnb_01_01_01_0

we have many stand alone app could not work but they worked before.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Johny,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes