High Packet Loss and Lag while gaming
Darbaramat

I have FIOS 50/50.. speed are great and consistant.. However, when playing Diablo 3, which is highly sensitive to packet loss, I experience network lag, rubber banding, and other freeezing here and there. My PC is top notch and I'm running 150-200FPS at all times at max settings.

At this point, I've tried everything.

wired and wireless to FIOS router, wired and wireless to NETGEAR 6400, wired and wireless to FIOS range extender... All perform amazing at times... but generally I get ~150ms latency (not that great)..then, I'm jumping all over the screen in game. 

I quite certain this isn't a hardware or software issue on my end. I've seen many many many posts about Verizon's "alter.net" and the issues it causes with gamers.

Here is a picture of an MTR using looking glass to show you the packet loss... What do I do??? 

0 Likes
Re: High Packet Loss and Lag while gaming
se_7_en

Hi,

How do you check for the latency of 150 ms? I get maximum of 15 ms on WiFi and maximum of 5 ms on wired network when I ping 8.8.8.8 (Google DNS). 

0 Likes
Re: High Packet Loss and Lag while gaming
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

With latencies like that, you're probably hitting congestion between Verizon and Cogent. Call Verizon support and see if they can have a network ticket put in for congestion out on the backbone. Also, push Blizzard to do the same with Cogent.

0 Likes