High Speed DSL Optimizer does not work
Bbjernigan
This is a 2 part question. 1. Every time I try Verizon's High Speed DSL Optimizer, It does not work. I get the message below. Has this function been discontinued? " Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly. Requested URL: /micro/speedoptimizer/hsi/default.aspx " 2. I'm thinking about upgrading to the high speed DSL Enhanced. I access the internet wirelessly, because I don't have an RJ45 port near my PC. I'm currently getting about .9 mbps download speed, and .390 upload speed. Will I see a difference if I upgrade t the enhanced? Will I need a new router? I currently have the WPA2 one that Verizon gave me about a year ago.
0 Likes
Re: High Speed DSL Optimizer does not work
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The optimizer is irrelevant if you are not running Windows XP SP2 or older. The speeds most DSL plans offer do not reach the TCP/IP setitngs limits of Windows XP, and newer operating systems as of Windows Vista will scale according to the connection speed.

Upgrading to Enhanced will usually increase your speeds. This is all subjective on the physical line. That is why Verizon rates this package as anything from 1.1Mbps to 15Mbps download, and 384kbps to 1Mbps upload. Hope for 15Mbps/1Mbps, but expect 3Mbps/768kbps in most areas. If you'd like an estimate on what your line should handle, give us the exact model number of your modem or gateway and we'll help you find the info.

0 Likes
Re: High Speed DSL Optimizer does not work
Bbjernigan

Thank you for the reply! 

My wireless modem router is an Actiontec model GT784WNV. 

If it helps, I believe that the line hub (not sure if that's the right term) is on a pole right in front of my house.

I have Windows 8, and the browsers I use are IE11 and Firefx 32.0.3.

0 Likes