High Speed Enhanced Internet keeps dropping
TheTenthDoctor
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have Verizon High Speed Internet Enhanced, and recently received (from Verizon) a new modem/router (D-link 2750B)

Usually whenever it's wet outside my internet has trouble connecting.  When I get on in the morning, it sometimes won't connect at all, or even try to connect.  And fairly regularly my internet will just kick out, and I'll have to reset the modem to get back on. 

Sometimes you'll hear a little static on the line when it's wet outside, and I've had Verizon out here a few times (the last time there was apparently a bee's nest in the outter telephone pole, which was supposed to be waht was giving us static)  It's gotten pretty annoying.  I don't even have the option to switch to Fios becuase it's not in our area.  We barely get 1.5 MBPS as it is.  (and sometimes that connection drops to .2 mbps, but usually resetting it fixes it) 

Is there anything I can do on my end to try to prevent these drops?  Or any idea what might be causing it?

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Enhanced Internet keeps dropping
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you're getting static on the line, continue working with Voice Repair within Verizon's Tech support teams to get the line fixed. I would ignore DSL issues and focus on Telephone, as repairing Telephone will also repair the DSL.

When the static and other line noise is gone, the problem should then be troubleshot as a DSL issue.

0 Likes