Line Mode ADSL_G.dmt
Data PathINTERLEAVED

Transceiver InformationDown Stream PathUp Stream Path
DSL Speed (Kbits/Sec)7616864
Margin (dB)16.38.0
Line Attenuation (dB)24.014.0
Transmit Power (dBm)15.711.9

Questions Below:

1. Since the service starts It was synchronized to around 11 Mbps / 1 Mbps and using ADSL2+ and Fastpath, after

an outage It went to 1 Mbps, then I called VZ and synchronized it to this rate. Why not put it back to what it was before?

2. Can my line be changed to fastpath with this rate as long it is stable?

3. Also at this rate now the packet loss is 1%, sometimes 2% and highest so far is 9%, and latency is so high especially around 6:00pm- 9:00pm, why?

Thanks for reading and hope for a solution.

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet -DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

To address number 2, yes you may have FastPath. Your line looks like it's working fine with those stats, so we can get rid of some error checking to reduce the latency.

#1 and #3 may tie into each other here. To start, is the packet loss issue you're having persistent after the connection was restored by Verizon from the outage? When the outage occurred, Verizon likely had an equipment failure on their end and had to move you to some other equipment to get you back up. This equipment is likely older equipment that doesn't support ADSL2 / ADSL2+, which is what you were using back when you had 10Mbps/1Mbps service. The older equipment which uses the original ADSL standard maxes out at 8Mbps/900kbps, and also has a lower backplane (meaning, the amount of capacity the unit itself can handle) and likely has less connectivity going back to the network. For example, 100Mbps port instead of 1000Mbps for Ethernet technologies, or in the case of ATM-based networks, OC-3 (155Mbps)  instead of OC-12 (628Mbps) for example. Some really old gear even has trouble at higher speeds, which is why some areas, especially those serviced by remotes are still at 3Mbps. Some of that gear needed software upgrades, some of it needed backbone upgrades, and some just straightdown breaks if you throw just a little bit too much at it.

To get your line back to 10Mbps, you must be moved to ADSL2+. Once moved to ADSL2+, you should be then moved to 10Mbps, and then have FastPath set. Verizon can do this even though they'll insist the system is automatic (it can be overridden easily, usually by pressing a button). If ADSL2+ is not available then that's something that may or may not be trie.

0 Likes
Meercat1

Thank you smith6612 for information.

Can someone from VZ help me with this one for a solution. I do not want to do this via phone,everytime I call, the person does not understand what I am talking about  and just do a routine modem check etc. Multiples phone calls that I have to do is frustrating and getting no solution.And the problem should be done virtually or switching stuffs etc.

Thanks.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The switch to ADSL2+ typically requires Verizon to move you to different equipment on their end. If the DSLAM could do ADSL2+ already, I'm sure they'd have you on there since it's essentially a part of their equipment costs and they'd want to make good use of it.

I'll see what I can do for you. They may or may not be able to get you to ADSL2+ right away, but they can get you to FastPath.

0 Likes