High Speed Internet High Price for slow speed but Fios Good Deal free PC or $$Cards
Dwt66
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why is my Slow internet so Expenceve?You force people to get a phone and double tax us for 1 Data line.But FIOS is cheaper but 90X Faster with much more like free Laptops $$Cards.I know you only put FIOS in Heavy Populated areas and my area will never see FIOS but you will say within 5 years knowing thats not true.So tell us whats the deal with that ??image

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet High Price for slow speed but Fios Good Deal free PC or $$Cards
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It's a business decision Verizon has made. If you're looking for a better deal on DSL without needing a phone line, you may be able to use a DSL Reseller like DSLExtreme or MegaPath. If the problem with slow speeds is due to distance or wiring quality, I wouldn't personally expect much work to be put into upgrades or full blown replacements - just basic repairs. Verizon will probably want to sell 5G to you instead of DSL in the future, if FiOS doesn't show up.

There is also your local Cable company too, if you find the pricing to performance out of your range or if a DSL Reseller can't get you a connection. Hopefully FiOS will show up someday. FiOS is really nice as a service, and there is something to be said about a Fiber connection to the home. DSL is a great tech too, just a bit limited by the antiquated phone lines.

0 Likes