High Speed Internet Install never showed?
Fm113056

Before calling Verizon to set up services, I set up internet with a different company who told me false information, and then tried to charge me a ridiculous activation fee. Fed up with their service, I turned to Verizon. The individual who assisted me with obtaining the high speed internet was really wonderful and patient, and I was so excited to be a new Verizon High Speed Internet customer. So of course, when install day came I was excited. (That's today.) I just so happened to use my data on my phone to check my email this morning, and attempted to view my appointment date today. When I clicked the link I was alerted my service is delayed and I need to reschedule. I received no call, no other alert. I called Verizon to complain. Were they just never going to alert me and never show up? I'm not sure how they thought I was going to notice the email when I didn't have internet at my house....And I'm almost out of data on my phone.

So I spoke to a gentleman from customer service who then spoke with dispatch. The gentleman confirmed my service was canceled this date, and they had NO IDEA when they would be able to install my service. They gave me a timeline of tomorrow to next Wednesday. I was fuming! I was told they would call me when they were available to set up my service. When is that? Five weeks from now? I work all day and can't just sit at home forever waiting for service. I tried calling around to obtain other internet options, but honestly Verizon is the only option left to me. I think they'll be a great service whenever they actually come to install my service.....

So, I called and complained to another customer service representative. I explained I work and I can't just sit around waiting for a phone call that might never come for the next several weeks. This gentlemen then assured me someone would come complete the install on Monday. Then he stated someone will call me in "4 hours" (this was around 10am) to confirm information with me and see what they can do for me. No one called. The customer service representative called me back around 1500 to ask if I ever got a call. I told him nope. The gentleman said he would try calling tomorrow to see if I get a call about service.   o___o

What is this? I don't even trust that the individual is going to come hook up my internet on Monday. I already have the modem and router. Can I just hook the thing up myself when the phone comes?? I don't want to wait weeks for someone to maybe show up. Everyone I talked to on the phone was EXTREMELY nice and helpful, but I don't trust this service already. What can I do?

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet Install never showed?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Most of the time you can do a self install, if the physical copper connection is present. When you get your phone (or even use your DSL modem), take it out to the Network Interface Device and see if you get DSL Sync or Dial tone. If you do, you probably have service.

Most copper installs are typically Self Install, whereas FiOS is generally always a truck roll.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_interface_device

0 Likes
Re: High Speed Internet Install never showed?
Ben07452
Enthusiast - Level 2

Since you have received the modem and router, you should really do the install yourself.  It's very easy, and you should have instructions that were shipped with the modem.  If a Verizon craft technician comes to your house, they will very likely charge you for a premises visit to perform the installation.

Don't forget to put DSL filters in series with your voice telephones.  Also, do NOT put a DSL filter in the line going to the DSL modem.  This is all necessary for proper DSL performance.

You should also have your DSL/Verizon user name and password.  This will be needed to sign on to the DSL server.  After you do it once, the DSL setup will keep it stored.  It is probably the same usr/password you use to login to the My Verizon website.

Good luck with this!  DSL is a great way to access the internet.

0 Likes