High Speed Internet Number out of service
ashleymw2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

So my mom ordered Verizon high speed internet on August 4th... at first Verizon didn't send us any equipment...then they only sent us a modem when we signed up to get a wireless router... now we have all the equipment but the HSI number that they gave us now says its out of service whenever we try to call it.. and the repair appointment that we made last week for this thursday got cancelled..

thank god she kept our aol as backup...

Re: High Speed Internet Number out of service
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

The number being out of service as in your Landline or another line set up for the DSL? If this is a Dry Loop DSL line, you'll get an out of service message since the number isn't actually being used for phone, only to reference the DSL line in the billing system. If this is for the landline though, I can see why you called in a repair.

If this is a dry loop line, does the modem by any chance sync up when you connect it to the correct wire pair?

0 Likes
ashleymw2009
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, it's another line set up for the DSL line. and when i plug the modem in, it doesn't sync up, the DSL light just continues to flash

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In that case, if you know where your NID Is, can you take the DSL modem out to the NID and see if it is able to connecT? The NID will have a test jack for each copper pair coming into your home. One pair is for your landline, one will be for your DSL service. See this FAQ for info on what a NID is: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

0 Likes