High ping / latency node issues
sano614
Enthusiast - Level 1

For the last 4 days or so my ping has gone from a normal 38 in all my games, to a now 78-80… After finally having time to do a little troubleshooting I noticed I am having issue with several nodes while checking traceroute.. Is there a way I can have Fios switch what nodes I go through? I tried doing the Chat thing but they were not able to do anything and want to send a Tech here, but the issue is not here.. Below are traceroutes showing the issue..

This happens on all PC's in my house, regardless if they're set to Etherner or Wifi, but we always use ethernet.

Below is the PingPlotter traceroute results.

https://share.pingplotter.com/MBVnpEFscpu

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: High ping / latency node issues
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

38 ms is already very very high. Normally ping to GWR should be 2-3ms. Ping to Google should be 4ms at most. Could you check all of your wiring to the ONT? And also check the ONT fiber wiring to the OLT via the official support. Tell them to specifically look for ONT/OLT alarms for your circuit.

View solution in original post

Re: High ping / latency node issues
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

38 ms is already very very high. Normally ping to GWR should be 2-3ms. Ping to Google should be 4ms at most. Could you check all of your wiring to the ONT? And also check the ONT fiber wiring to the OLT via the official support. Tell them to specifically look for ONT/OLT alarms for your circuit.