High speed internet availability question
msims19851

I live in Cumberland, VA and I just recently had my home built next to my parents house. A week ago, I contacted Verizon to order high speed internet and was told it was not available in my area. Mind you, we have it at my parents' house which is not even 25 yards away and my neighbor on the other side of me also have Verizon high speed. The associate told me the only thing in my area was telephone and kept attempting to sell that service to me, I had to repeat to her several times Im not interested and only wanted high speed internet. I told her this is a new house and the address may not be in the system yet. I was majorly frustrated and the agent had the nerves to actually laugh at my frustration. I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor, which Im sure was just another agent as the previous. He then also tries to sell me telephone services, and we go thru the same thing all over again. I escalated the call again and spoke to another agent which is supposed to be a manager and went thru the story all over again. He says I may be able to get the service being that it is on both sides of me but wasn't sure. I need high speed internet because I work from home 4 days out of the week and using hot spot on my cell phone is starting to become a pain. He says he will put me thru to an engineer and gave me a ticket number which I will call back about again today. Verizon high speed is the only provider in my area, I tried satellite internet and it was not good enough for my work and was not worth the expensive price. Does anyone know what I can do to have this issue resolved? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: High speed internet availability question
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi msims1985,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes