Home Network Protection SHPErrorCode.authFailure on Fios App
LibraryLover

Tech services could not help.  They said to report the problem through the app, but all I could do was send feedback, with no resolution.

0 Likes
SHpErrorCode.authFailure: on Fios app
Olliemeyer

This happened to me a few weeks ago and then the HNP started working again. 
well it’s back again. This is getting really annoying. Is there any way to turn off HNP without the app. I can’t find anything on my desktop. 

0 Likes
SHPErrorCode.authFailure Fios App
Mike107866
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi -

I've tried contacting Fios Tech support and was bounced between reps with no solution other than to use the feedback feature in the app.  I've had this error for the past few weeks and it won't allow me to view connected devices or turn on/off Home Network Protection from the Fios App.

The error code I see in the app is SHPErrorCode.AuthFailure:

Does anyone have a working solution or a known fix?

Thanks

Mike

0 Likes
SHPErrorCode.authFailre: in Fios app under Home Network Protection
CheeseburgerInP

Keep getting this error code and so cannot manage devices on the WiFi network.  How to resolve this?

0 Likes
SHPErrorCode.AuthFailure - How to fix?
CocoCrispy1

I’ve been getting this error code sporadically and it always seemed to resolve itself. Now, however, it is still showing in the app and I have no control over my kids’ internet access. How can I fix this annoying problem?

0 Likes
SHPErrorCode.authFailure when trying to access Home Network Protection on Fios App.
LisaHoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Using the Fios app to manage Home Network Protection (and to keep the teenagers laptops from accessing the internet late at night so they don't stay up all night).

Can't connect, get SHPErrorCode.authFailure message.
I get it on my phone, my husband gets the message.

I've removed and reinstalled the app and get the same message.

I'm on the support chat and now on my third different staffer and nearing two hours working on this issue and getting super frustrated.  (The current person hasn't answered me in over 10 minutes, I think I've been dropped.)

Has anyone gotten a resolution?  All the similar threads are locked.

0 Likes
Re: SHPErrorCode.authFailure when trying to access Home Network Protection on Fios App.
LisaHoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like my chat got abandoned at midnight ET.  Some notice that the tech was leaving would have been helpful.  I've wasted almost two hours on this problem so far.

0 Likes
Poor Customer Service
Mike107866
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi just need to vent my frustration with Verizon Fios tech support.  Made my 3rd phone call to tech support after getting bounced around the past two tries.  Spoke with someone who said that it's a known issue and there's no timetable for repair.  The problem is that the outage is Home Network Protection and without it, I have kids on devices with unfiltered access to the internet.  I activated Home Network Protection through the Fios App when I first got the service.  This disables the router's internal parental controls.  So now there is no way to control access to websites and we all know that keeping kids off devices is already challenging.  

Verizon says there's no timetable for this fix so who knows how long this will go on.  Again - children - unfiltered - no work around - Verizon had no answers.  I believe there should be some compensation for this inconvenience as it's a liability.  

signed

Angry customer!

SHPErrorCode.AuthFailure
Brewski699
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot adjust any of the network device settings to control kids devices. What is the fix? Tried rebooting router, logging out of app, and other searches. This stinks.

0 Likes
Re: Home Network Protection SHPErrorCode.authFailure on Fios App
CJ710

I was told directly by the HNP group at Verizon that the outage was/is for all customers. I had the tech disable HNP until the issue is resolved since I could no longer control policies on devices and many were disabled. I am not able to find an official Verizon statement but know that hundreds of my friends were receiving the same error.

0 Likes