Home Wireless Cameras Stopped Working
rdevoe

Within the last week or two, I can only access my home wireless cameras if my Android phone is connected to a wireless network.

As long as I'm connected to any wireless network, I can access the just fine, but nothing via 4G, LTE, etc.

Absolutely nothing has changed on my end.

0 Likes
Re: Home Wireless Cameras Stopped Working
jonjones1
Legend

@rdevoe wrote:

Within the last week or two, I can only access my home wireless cameras if my Android phone is connected to a wireless network.

As long as I'm connected to any wireless network, I can access the just fine, but nothing via 4G, LTE, etc.

Absolutely nothing has changed on my end.

You have me a mite confused. 4G LTE is wireless or fixed wireless from a cell phone company. I believe what you mean to say is you can not access your camera via the routers 2.4 Ghz or 5 Ghz bands and only under cellular. Correct.

in this case it is a router WiFi issue. You did not say what router but make sure the WiFi is active, if need be call 1-800-VERIZON and have them first troubleshoot and if necessary replace the router.

if you are not using a Verizon branded router you must call or contact the maker of the router since Fios does not support any devices not on their branded device.

0 Likes
rdevoe

I can only access the cameras while connected via WiFi.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

There could be a variety of issues.

It really depends on model of cameras.

Did you have to open specific ports on router initially to allow access?

Have you verified these ports are still open?

Are you using Verizon router?

Its possible an update has closed those ports.

Check with camera manufacturer to see what it takes to access their devices via the Internet.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rdevoe wrote:

I can only access the cameras while connected via WiFi.

So then I am assuming you want to access them via an app on your cell phone?

i would either delete the app for the cameras and reinstall it and see if that works.

sometimes the app is all faulty. I have Apple devices and since that last iOS update it has caused me nothing but grief.

0 Likes