How Can I Disable NAT on Fios-G1100?
atryda
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi, my setup: ISP - firewall- FiosG1100- WiFi clients.  How can I disable NAT on Fios-G1100 so firewall can see my WiFi clients IP addresses?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How Can I Disable NAT on Fios-G1100?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't mention you have TV services, which complicates things.  With FiOS TV it is easiest to have the Verizon router as primary with all it's features, including NAT, enabled.  Otherwise TV services are impacted.  There are ways to use non-Verizon routers with TV services, but the setup gets more complicated.  It also depends on the model of set-top-boxes you have.  Here's an FAQ that describes options:

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

To get back into your Verizon router, you'll need to find the IP address your router assigned to it and then you can connect to it.  If you can't figure that out, do a factory reset on the G1100 by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds or more.

If you give us more details about the specific equipment you have and what you're trying to do, you may get better answers.  It will be helpful to know the model(s) of set-top-boxes you have and the model of non-Veizon router ("firewall").  And of course, provide some details about what you're trying to do with your setup.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you saying you have a router ("firewall") between the ONT and the G1100?  Do you want to use the G1100 as a WiFi access point only?  If so, login to it, turn of it's DHCP server and use a LAN-to-LAN connection between your router and the G1100.  You'll need a DHCP server in your router, of course.

If you're trying to do something else, post a few more details about your equipment and what you want to accomplish.

atryda
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes it worked, thanks a lot, but can you please tell me how can i manage my Fios device now?

atryda
Enthusiast - Level 2

and i lost my fios tv 🤔, so can I get back my fios tv and get back access to fios router?

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You didn't mention you have TV services, which complicates things.  With FiOS TV it is easiest to have the Verizon router as primary with all it's features, including NAT, enabled.  Otherwise TV services are impacted.  There are ways to use non-Verizon routers with TV services, but the setup gets more complicated.  It also depends on the model of set-top-boxes you have.  Here's an FAQ that describes options:

https://www.dslreports.com/faq/16077

To get back into your Verizon router, you'll need to find the IP address your router assigned to it and then you can connect to it.  If you can't figure that out, do a factory reset on the G1100 by pressing the reset button for 15 seconds or more.

If you give us more details about the specific equipment you have and what you're trying to do, you may get better answers.  It will be helpful to know the model(s) of set-top-boxes you have and the model of non-Veizon router ("firewall").  And of course, provide some details about what you're trying to do with your setup.