Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. OR get iPhone 13, on us for a limited time. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Buy now
end of navigation menu
How can I file a complaint?

I guess I'll post this question in the forums since I cannot find information on the FIOS website about submitting complaints.

I recently upgraded my high speed internet service and the Verizon representative told me that the new router was included in the monthly total that she gave me. After not receiving a new router I finally called back and was told that I had to either buy a new router or add an additional $10 a month to my bill to rent one. Apparently, the previous Verizon representative didn't add anything to her "notes" about the router. Somehow this translates into me having to pay more for service.  So, I asked the representative what Verizon expected I would do with a high speed internet connection and no router? He said he wasn't sure. Unhappy with this I asked if I could use a third party router. The rep said yes, but when I asked about compatible routers I was told it was "tricky". 

I was so happy when Verizon came to my neighborhood because I thought Comcast had terrible customer service. Now it just looks like more of the same with Verizon. It's very simple. The Verizon representative gave me one price on the phone but I end up paying more to get the service I requested. In my opinion it's unfair and unethical. Not to mention I can't find anywhere on their website besides this forum to discuss this issue.

Re: How can I file a complaint?
Specialist - Level 1

Most people use coax to connect the router in the home. If you are on coax, you will need a verizon router. You can find them on ebay cheap if you dont want to pay verizon price for it.

If you want to be able to use any third party router, you will need to have your data switch from coax to ethernet. If you are handy, you can connect a ethernet cable from your router to the data port in the ONT. Call in to tech support and ask to be switched from MOCA to ethernet

I assume you dont have Fios TV service.

Re: How can I file a complaint?
Champion - Level 1

Hello ampm

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.