How can I get Verizon to install fiber in my neighborhood? Have been waiting 10 years.
rduggan31

How can I get Verizon to install fiber in my neighborhood?

I have been on the notification list for nearly 10 years with no action.

Current DSL download speed is only 3.0 Mbps, the max available for copper twisted pair, so I am told by tech support.

Unless Verizon will install fiber in my neighborhood, my only option to obtain faster internet service is to change to another provider, though I would prefer to remain a Verizon customer.

Any suggestions for alternate providers, under the circumstances?

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How can I get Verizon to install fiber in my neighborhood? Have been waiting 10 years.
vla1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think you can. If you haven't seen any  movement in ten years, I'd say move on! Clearly they made a business decision not to install in some areas, and to do it in others. I was on that list too but after a year I stopped believing that the service was coming (that was six years ago). They're blowing smoke. So if you know of something else good, go get it!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How can I get Verizon to install fiber in my neighborhood? Have been waiting 10 years.
vla1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't think you can. If you haven't seen any  movement in ten years, I'd say move on! Clearly they made a business decision not to install in some areas, and to do it in others. I was on that list too but after a year I stopped believing that the service was coming (that was six years ago). They're blowing smoke. So if you know of something else good, go get it!

0 Likes
waiting2long

Forget it. I've been waiting 13 years and every town around me has Fios, in fact my town is a small [27k population] city who provides the phone exchange numbers for the surrounding towns with Fios! Figure that out. I myself have given up and am moving on to Time Warner for my internet and phone and will not return even if fios does appear before the end times.. They are actually cheaper than verizon when flat rate phone service and real broadband speeds are figured in. Verizon only has last century's DSL technology available. Leave verizon, they don't care if do or not.

0 Likes
Ladeedy
Enthusiast - Level 2
If only I had a choice! When we built our house 8 years ago we had FiOs wires installed at extra cost because Verizon promised FiOs within 3 years. Last year I spoke with the residential developer for Verizon in this area and was informed that there have never been plans to bring FiOs to this area. That is a perfect example of Verizon's customer service
0 Likes