How can I get wireless internet on my other computer?
simily1

I have wired high speed internet access with only the Westell 6100G modem even though I asked for wireless. I called to tell them and they said it was both a modem and router in one, but that's another story. So anyways I just got a new computer and I want to hook it up with internet "and by the way I'm new to all this"  I called Verizon to tell them about internet for my new computer and the guy told me all I needed was a wireless adapter (ZyXEL Wireless N Adapter aka: N220 USB Adapter) that I could only get from them and It would cost $35.00. I asked If I needed a router or could I use my own he said "NO your modem is also a router." He then told me it would be very easy to install/ set up  in no time. Well 2 months later I still can't get it going. Again that's another story. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I CAN USE MY OWN ROUTER (Belkin Wireless G Router version 2000) OR HAVE HAD/USED THAT N220 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER OR JUST IN GENERAL WHAT DO I NEED TO GET INTERNET FOR MY OTHER COMPUTER. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BECAUSE VERIZON HAS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY JUST SEEM TO WANT MY MONEY. I'D SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I COULD GET. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.  {edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: How can I get wireless internet on my other computer?
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@simily1 wrote:

CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I CAN USE MY OWN ROUTER (Belkin Wireless G Router version 2000) OR HAVE HAD/USED THAT N220 WIRELESS USB ADAPTER OR JUST IN GENERAL WHAT DO I NEED TO GET INTERNET FOR MY OTHER COMPUTER. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP BECAUSE VERIZON HAS HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THEY JUST SEEM TO WANT MY MONEY. I'D SERIOUSLY APPRECIATE ALL THE HELP I COULD GET. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.  {edited for privacy}

I point you to

http://www.dslreports.com/faq/13600

If you have any questions, pelase ask.

0 Likes