How do I allow nonweb and socket connections?
Hahn

How do I allow nonweb and socket connections on my router? Verizon gave me a new router, I had to fiddle with it to get my laptops for work and home to both work on it. Now I need to fix one application that will not working without the above settings. The phone support guys are no help and don’t know how to go off script.

0 Likes
Re: How do I allow nonweb and socket connections?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not sure what you're asking.  The router passes traffic on all ports.  Verizon does block port 25 in the network, but nothing else.

If you give a little more description of what you're trying to do, some of us might be able to give more specific advice.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Hahn

With my new router I chat apps like WhatsApp don’t work from my phone. If I hop on to my work WiFi, it works... go back to cell service it works.  If I change the new router and allow all traffic through. It works. But if I allow all traffic through, then my work laptop stops working. So yeah, you guys are blocking something.

0 Likes
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm not blocking anything as I don't work for Verizon.  This is a peer-to-peer forum and you're talking to other users.  If you want to talk to Verizon you'll need to contact them by phone, chat, Twitter support or the VZ Direct forum at DSLreports.com.  I suggest you avoid the phone, as the other options often have better support and the phone reps are very busy right now.

If you want help from other users, you'll need to give more details such as what settings you're changing, what router model you have and so on.

0 Likes