How do I contact an AMERICAN call center?
WildDSL001
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've made 4 calls to Verizon since yesterday and every single one has been answered by somebody in India and in each case the persons accent has been so heavy and the headset they use is so bad their voices fade in and out Is there a number to get the
Re: How do I contact an AMERICAN call center?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try calling during the day if you can. You should be able to reach someone on the East Coast US during that time. You could try pressing 0 while at the phone system's main menu to reach someone that way.

0 Likes
RetiredDBA
Contributor - Level 2

Do you speak Spanish?  If you do, try calling the Spanish call center number.  The people who answer speak perfect Spanish.  Half of the time, they speak better English that the people who answer the English number.  By "better" I mean more intelligible to an American, not necessarily closer to Oxford English.

They are often located in the third world, but there is almost no time zone shift.  They live to our south. 

john4322

I also have made calls since the first week of April and do not get any where talking to somebody in India. Still have bad service!

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

You want to call Tech Support and talk to an actual AMERICAN?  Ha ha ha!  No, that would mean being able to communicate and actually get something done to your satisfaction.  Please.  That's not cool.

0 Likes
ronbon2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Also tried to get an American technician. Bounced around for 20 minutes, got someone with a not north American accent. I asked where he was located, response- West Coast. Whereabouts West Coast? Duh. Told telephone line bad connection, Vertizon land line. Then asked for security number for my account. OK. What phone # can I reach you at? The one I gave you. Still waiting.

My understanding is Verizon must supply an American technician if requested. I could be wrong.

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ronbon, I did not know about that.  So, if you get Sanjay in India and ask to speak to (or chat with) an American tech support person, they are supposed to connect you to one?  And, what kind of hoops do you have to jump through first I wonder? 

0 Likes
ronbon2
Enthusiast - Level 3

When Sanja changes the subject, asks for your verizon subscription number etc, which will happen often keep asking for an American tech. Possibly, if you can wait long enough, during the wait he will come back, tell you to keep listining to the music and the supervisor will answer. You might get lucky. I don't have the patience after 30 minutes.

0 Likes
LadyMac1
Enthusiast - Level 3

What?  Thirty minutes?  That's ridiculous.  They probably do that on purpose. 

Does the request for an American work on the chat line too?  I have been using the chat line due to the fact that, on the phone, more time is spent on having to ask the tech to repeat him/herself than on getting actual advice.

Thanks.

0 Likes
ronbon2
Enthusiast - Level 3

Demand (politely) a supervisor often. Ignore the questions unless they want information concerning your contract. Be politely insistant. You need a supervisor, no one else. Start there.

0 Likes