How do I delete my legacy personal web site created via FTP???
Rumseydog
Enthusiast - Level 1

How do I delete my legacy Verizon personal website that is comprised of HTML files and images uploaded via FTP??? Cannot find any tools that will simply delete all files in my personal web space. Thank you for your assistance.

Re: How do I delete my legacy personal web site created via FTP???
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

We can check into this for you. I sent you a private message to get started.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
fbhare

Can you provide me help as well?  No one I talk to on the phone is capable of deleting my files and I can't get Site Builder to work to post new ones.  Isn't there anyone who can provide service on this issue at Verizon?

mac book pro

Mac OS 10.6

Firefox 9.0.1

0 Likes
whtb1999
Enthusiast - Level 1

At least I'm not alone with my frustration. I also want to delete my legacy web site, so that I can stop paying $4.95/month for extra space. How can I accomplish this??

0 Likes
whtb1999
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried getting help from (800) 567-6789 as suggested in an email from Patricia. I was connected with someone from India. She was clueless, when I told her that I wanted to delete my personal web space. Then the line went dead. I'm being charged $4.95/month for web space that cannot be accessed and is therefore useless. Why is getting support from Verizon so difficult!!?

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Reposting from britechguy's post here:

To All Who Need Files Deleted From PWS That Were Created Via FTP Transfer:

1. Do call Verizon High Speed Internet Tech Support at 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966)
  2. Expect that the Technical Support Representative may not be familiar with the issue you are calling about, but they may be.  In any case, be polite as this is not their fault.
  3. If the representative is not familiar with the issue, do tell them that you already know that this issue must ultimately be resolved by the Operations Support Center and that all you are asking for is that a ticket be created to delete all files from your Verizon PWS.
  4. Make sure to state, and ask that they note in the session notes, that you clearly understand that the deleted files are unrecoverable/cannot be restored under any circumstances once they are removed.  I say this because during today's conversations I was told that my previous request was put "on hold" because the prior representative had not specifically covered this information and they had been unable to reach me afterward to confirm that I knew it.
  5. Specifically request an e-mail or phone verification that the deletion of the PWS files has been completed.
  6. Expect that the deletion will take between 24 to 48 hours to actually occur.
  7. Be prepared to call back and make the same request again if it does not occur.
whtb1999
Enthusiast - Level 1

OK. For all of you having this problem, the info from somegirl is the info you need. Be prepared for a little more pain though. I got bounced around four times and was on the phone for over an hour. You will want to eventually end up at DSL Support (855-748-1635). It seems that there was zero preparation across departments for what was going to be an obvious problem, when FTP access was shut down. However, I did receive a courtesy call from DSL Support informing me that the files had been removed.

0 Likes
hdu4ia

can you help please?  somegirls procedure works flawlessly, right up to the point where I get transferred to someone else who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about, or I get disconnected.  being on hold for 35 minutes at a time and getting cutoff is no way to go through life...

0 Likes