How do I set the CR1000A router to bridge mode?
georgefern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have all of my own network equipment and recently upgraded to 1 gig Fios. With the upgrade I received a new ONT as well as the latest router.  I would like to use my router and set the CR1000A to bridge mode. 

Does anyone know the exact steps I need to take or is there information somewhere to show how to do this? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do I set the CR1000A router to bridge mode?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Fios TV service?  If not, you don't need the Verizon router.  Just plug your router into the ONT and call it a day.

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

Do you have Fios TV service?  If not, you don't need the Verizon router.  Just plug your router into the ONT and call it a day.

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@gs0b wrote:

Also - and if they do not tech support from Verizon, OP should use their own NAT router.

Support will end at the ONT in that case.

georgefern
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do not have TV service. Just internet. This solution is the route I may just take. If I have issues with internet, I can just plug their router back in and they can troubleshoot to that point.

Thanks for your help

georgefern
Enthusiast - Level 2

That seems to be the proper way. If I need tech support, I can always put their router back online and let them troubleshoot it from that point. 

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed. Please feel free to open a new thread for further discussion. Thank you.

0 Likes