How to change login name and pwd on G3100 router?
hvrf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just upgraded from old Verizon Actiontec router to G3100 (I have Verizon TV, phone, internet). I'd like to change the login name and pwd from the default "admin/password" (to anything else). Not sure where in the router menus to do this. I'm accessing router via 192.168.1.1. Any ideas? TY.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to change login name and pwd on G3100 router?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change the password, but not the user name. To change the password, locate the Advanced settings section and the Change Password link.

View solution in original post

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can change the password, but not the user name. To change the password, locate the Advanced settings section and the Change Password link.

hvrf
Enthusiast - Level 2

TY!

To elaborate for anyone else wondering, it's on the router page in the Advanced tab, then Utilities, then Users, then under Administrator Edit, then Set New Password. (Though I realize each router comes with its unique default password, I think this is a bit arcane...)

dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@hvrf wrote:

TY!

Though I realize each router comes with its unique default password, I think this is a bit arcane...

By making each NAT router having it's own unique default password, it makes it a more secure by default.

koo2

same question 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes