How to find router username and password?
barr1

I have been asked to provide a username and password for my router from support personnel from another company.  I was told this is not the same as my network name and password.  I have no documentation of this information in my router's manual.  How can I find this information in the next half hour, when the support person calls me back?

thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to find router username and password?
jonjones1
Legend

@barr wrote:

I have been asked to provide a username and password for my router from support personnel from another company.  I was told this is not the same as my network name and password.  I have no documentation of this information in my router's manual.  How can I find this information in the next half hour, when the support person calls me back?

thanks

Not going to happen in 1/2 hour. It’s on a sticker on the router. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@barr wrote:

thanks

Not going to happen in 1/2 hour. It’s on a sticker on the router. 

0 Likes
barr1

Thanks for your reply.  However, I am not searching for my wifi network name and password, I need to find username and password for my router--I have been told by more than one person from another company's tech support these are two different items.  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@barr wrote:

Thanks for your reply.  However, I am not searching for my wifi network name and password, I need to find username and password for my router--I have been told by more than one person from another company's tech support these are two different items.  

It is still on the same sticker on the Verizon router. If you mean like a Netgear or Asus 

it normally is set to admin-password etc.

you can enter the router name at that other router site and it will bring up the user manual for that model. It then tells all.

if the router has been used previously you can reset it back to factory by holding the reset button on the router for a count to 10

0 Likes