I am just tired of bad quality of service!
se_7_en

My interenet performance doesn't stay the same. In order to retrieve the bandwidth I am subscribed for, I had to call the support and go through the annoying troubleshooting steps until the issue is resolved. Until I figuied power cycling the ONT can help to resolve the issue. But this is now happening too often. I am paying for 1Gbps connection (which is not a true Gb connection), and I be lucky enough to get over 100Mb sometimes. Also I needed to power cycle the ONT everal times in few case in order to get the bandwidth that I desire. I can share my bandwidth test history since March 2018 if it is required.

In addition, the troubleshooting ticketing system sucks unless I am missing some information. If a call is made, I should be assigned to a ticket and be provided with the ticket informaiton. Once the issue is resolved, the ticket be updated by the Verizon technician, confirmed by the client, then closed. Then if I make the call for the same issue in future, I can refer to the same ticket and skip the basic steps of troubleshooting! Honestly I don't need to repeat the unnecessary steps every single time!

0 Likes
Re: I am just tired of bad quality of service!
se_7_en

Here are some results from my bandwidth tests. I have been able to have a successful test with Verizon's website!

imageimage

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If resetting the ONT fixes the problem for a short while, it sounds like an ONT issue or a wiring issue. Poor incoming Fiber signal, bad Ethernet cabling, or the ONT itself is having issues. Get a tech out if you've already tried swapping the Ethernet run between the router and the ONT.

0 Likes
se_7_en

@Smith6612, I couldn't agree more with you but Verizon thinks otherwise. They just need to hear the word "3rd party router" and they will be set on using it as the source of issue. No matter what troubleshooting I did but they kept saying since I am using a 3rd party router they cannot assist me any further!!!!! I just had the same issue and I was talking to the tech on the phone explaining that the poor performance still exists when I have the router bypassed and the ONT connected to my laptop directly via Ethernet, and she kept insisting that the 3rd party router is at fault and she cannot help me to troubleshoot the issue. I guess my English is not good enough for the outsourced support of Verizon FiOS. 

So I hung up on her, connected the ethernet back to the router's WAN interface, came back to my office and did another speedtest. This time 182/804 Mbps and it is good enough to get my work done. 

Verizon needs people with troubleshooting skills, not someone with some technical background and reading knowledge so they can read a scripted instruction.

Maybe a consumer report and complaint will help me to get my issue escalated.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

@se_7_en,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes