I can connect to router but it doesn't give me an IP address
Stansbuj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Using my Motorola XOOM, I can attempt to connect to my FIOS router (MI424WR) but the router doesn't give the XOOM an IP address. So the XOOM ends up not being able to connect. The router name does show up in the XOOM's WI-FI list. I would submit a Repair Request but I have yet to find a way to do that on Verizon's web site. Any ideas what might be wrong?

0 Likes
Re: I can connect to router but it doesn't give me an IP address
Anti-Phish1
Master - Level 1
  • What security method are you using on the router (WEP, WPA, WPA2)?
  • Are you sure the security method is compatible on the XOOM?
0 Likes
Stansbuj
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using WEP and the password is correct.

0 Likes
Hubrisnxs
Legend

how can you connect to the router, if your xoom doesn't get an ip address.  are you connecting to router from a different machine, or from the xoom?  are you able to access the 192.168.1.1 page from the xoom?   that is the impression I get when you say "I can connect to router but it doesn't give me an IP address"

0 Likes
Stansbuj
Enthusiast - Level 2

The XOOM says, brielfly, "Connecting", and then "Obtaining IP address..". The router accepts the WEP password from the XOOM, and then proceeds to get the IP address, but the router is not returing one to the XOOM.

0 Likes
Stansbuj
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks both of you. I did a "Forget" on the XOOM and then entered the same WEP password again, and it connected now. I've entered that same password five times trying to get this to work, and it does now.