I need to reset my D Link 2450b router more then 5 times a day
Jordant2323
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have east had a technician come to my house to fix the static noise. He put a filer onto my lan line. Said I will not have any more problems. That night I had to reset it:-(. I then called customer service. Said he fixed the congestion on the line. It still did not work. I have had 4 different DSL modems..I have had this issue for almost a year now. This has been a nightmare. I am more then frustrated. I don't know why I keep loosing Internet service?! Why can't this problem be resolved. I would switch but I can't because all I can get is Verizon. I would like some opinions from other customers or a manager to contact me.
0 Likes
Re: I need to reset my D Link 2450b router more then 5 times a day
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require some assistance. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
Jordant2323
Enthusiast - Level 2
I underatand. Does anyone think I should get my own router?
0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would recommend a RJ-45 WAN port router and putting the modem into bridge mode.

The RJ-45 WAN port router can either be hardware based (for example the Linksys E4200) or software based. While out of date (one or more is End of Life), for software based routers I point to https://www.dslreports.com/shownews/118897

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you still getting static or other noise on your landline? Noises like that on the line point to a problem existing somewhere between you and the Central Office, and must be fixed before DSL service will improve.

Jordant2323
Enthusiast - Level 2
I have had Verizon come out to the house and the box bear by to fix this issue.. I have been going strong with no interruptions for 5 days straight now..
0 Likes
Jordant2323
Enthusiast - Level 2
Dslr..I will check this out.. I see you provided a link on how to bridge..not familiar with doing it..I didn't read over your link well enough yet. Is it pretty easy?
0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Bridging is easy. You just need another router to do the routing and wireless work, since the D-Link will turn into only a modem.

If you're going 5+ days strong and the D-Link isn't being a problem, you can leave it alone.

0 Likes
Southwester201

I use the D-Link 2750b router on my home telephone line.  I have had intermittent loss of wifi signal, and have had to reset the router numerous times. They had previously replaced my original Westell router (WEP) for similar problems.   After along call to the VERIZON help line, and numerous line tests, they claimed to have solved a static problem.  However, I still had a technician dispatched, who did not find any interference, but separated my copper telephone line from the router, to create a dedicated router line and reduce the possibility of future static interference.  I live in a condominium development that has a historicaly poor and unstable telephone infrastructure.The tech stated that the DSL2750b was good enough for the sppeds that I get.  The work was performed on 3/23/17.  I have yet to determine the effectiveness of the modification.  You may want to try the line separation solution.  if you are on copper wire, it could be a simple change.  My telephone line problems have always been external to my house (20 years).   Hope this helps.

0 Likes