I returned my FIOS equipment. Why can't Verizon find it?
DavidS47

I had to leave the FIOS coverage area by moving from Southern California to Mid-Michigan.

There used to be a Verizon store where I could exchange faulty equipment and return extra equipment and get a receipt from an actual Verizon employee.  I upgraded to Quantum and the installer came to the house took the old modem, dvr and set-top-box and replaced them with the new quantum equipment.  However the new and improved Verison eliminated the Verizon store and replaced it with the error prone faceless process of equipment return via UPS.

I put all three of my FIOS components (modem, whole house dvr, hd set-top-box) in the Verizon supplied box with the Verizon supplied shipping label and dropped them off at the UPS store in Chino Hills CA on Wednesday May 27, 2015.

I got a phone call from Verizon on June 10, 2015 asking me to return the FIOS equipment. I told the Verizon agent that I had already returned it and gave him the UPS tracking number.  I was put on hold for a few minutes and was told that the equipment was received by Verizon on May 28, 2015 at 10:29 am.  On June 11, 2015 I received an email reminding me to return my equipment after I spoke with the agent the day before.  I called Verizon and the woman I spoke to put me on hold and after a time said that the equipment was received and would note my account as the first agent did not make the proper notations. Now today June 12, 1015 I have an email from Verizon saying that not all equipment was returned.

I have pictures of each item, a picture of all three items in the shipping box, and a picture of the sealed box with the return label.  I have no way to send these to Verizon as the Verizon Notification email is not monitored.  I sent all three components to Verizon and I can't help it if Verizon's **bleep** (watch the movie Tango and Cash) process has lost my stuff.

0 Likes
Re: I returned my FIOS equipment. Why can't Verizon find it?
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes