I see I'm not the only one
greaper1

My internet speed has not been what it's billed as since day one. However it was at least bearable. Now Verizon has hit a new low. My DSL service is basically unusable. It's there router, it's there phone line, and it's there responsibility to deliver what they are billing for. There blanket answer to all issues is to "Just reset the router" I have reset that thing so many times with no resolution I just want to throw it in the street. Well since I can't get through to Verizon by phone they can consider this to be my formal declaration of intent. I intend to Pro rate the internet portion of my bill until this issue is resolved one way or another. I am suppose to be getting at least 1  Mbs . My actual speed averages out to about 33 Kbs. Thats 1/3 of the speed I have been paying for. Well no more. You deliver 1/3 the service, you get payed for 1/3 the service. Starting with my next payment. Don't like it? Please contact my vendor service center for all matters concerning this incident.

Long Suffering customer,

Timothy A.

0 Likes
Re: I see I'm not the only one
VCorliss

Hi Timothy,

I've had the  same problem. I was paying for 1 mbps and receving about 33. Verizon then convinced me in November 2014, to upgrade to a higher speed. Since that time, I've been paying for 3-7 mbps but get less than 1 mbps. Months of complaints and no fix. Verison's repsonse is that there's nothing wrong on their end and so there must be something wrong with my computer. They will not send a service person out to my house as they said they can't find anthing wrong. I've told them that my computer can't be the problem, as my internet speed is fast when I take my computer other places. And when guests bring their computer to my house, their speed decreases to less than 1 mbps. I have taken screen shots of all of my speed tests to prove this. I requested tp be let out of my contract, but Verizon says they will not do that without charging an early cancel fee as they have declared they do not see a problem on their end.  I also requested to receive a refund for the increased speed I've not received, but  paid for since November. They declined to refund me. I'm at my wits end with Verizon. Is there a watchdog agency over Verizon? 

Vick 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello VCorliss

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
shanekeller

I've had this same issue - for months. I've yet to find a resolution. At first, I was told it was my modem. When investigaed, I was told that since I have a newer modem, it couldn't be the modem. Most recently, I was told that Verizon's lines can't handle the speed I was promised (and sold), so they would be downgrading my service speed. When I questioned how this would impact my billing and what type of credits I would receive for all of the months that I was paying for a service that they could not deliver, suddenly the order to downgrade my service disappeared, and I am to wait for a phone call. I often am asked to wait for these phone calls. They never come. I'm wondering if you received a resolution that might be helpful to me. I can't get a straight answer out of Verizon. Worst. Customer.Service. Ever.  And, the icing on the cake? I can't enjoy all of the DIRECTV services (that I receive as part of the package they sold me but can't deliver on) because the High Speed Internet is so slow and unreliable. 

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello shanekeller

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes