I was charged even after I cancelled mu services.
kennyli

Hey everyone. It seems that my billing cycle is the 29th of every month. Knowing this, I cancelled my services on 5/28/2018 because I was moving out of my house. Unfortunately, I checked my account again and it billed me on 5/29/2018 and autopay paid for it on 6/20/2018. I'm wondering why I was still charged on 5/29/2018 for the month of june even though I had already cancelled my services on 5/28/2018. I checked my account and it says my balance is 0 and I don't believe I'll be recieving a refund. Is there any way to dispute these charges?

0 Likes
Re: I was charged even after I cancelled mu services.
jonjones1
Legend

@kennyli wrote:

Hey everyone. It seems that my billing cycle is the 29th of every month. Knowing this, I cancelled my services on 5/28/2018 because I was moving out of my house. Unfortunately, I checked my account again and it billed me on 5/29/2018 and autopay paid for it on 6/20/2018. I'm wondering why I was still charged on 5/29/2018 for the month of june even though I had already cancelled my services on 5/28/2018. I checked my account and it says my balance is 0 and I don't believe I'll be recieving a refund. Is there any way to dispute these charges?

You could call your bank and have them reverse the payment. If you can prove you cancelled on the 28th and we’re shut off on that date then Verizon had no business charging you for another month in advance.

this is why I tell people do not use autopay but this will keep happening as long as people keep using it.

on the day you cancelled was all the equipment returned? Sometimes the company will charge until the equipment is returned. If it was then I would just have your bank or credit union reverse the payment.

0 Likes