IPAD connection issue
wkiziuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Unable to connect my IPAD 2 to Verizon DSL home network. Unable to Join Network.

Modem: Actiontec GT724WGR

Encryption : WPA

I have checked that i am using the correction encryption key, have reset IPAD network settings (i successfully joined to other networks other than m own) Powered modem on and off (but not a restore of default settings). I have conected other devices to my Home network (PS3) successfully. Using latest firmware for modem. Turned off encryption to my router and still was unable to connect to the then unsecured network

Any assistance at all would be appreciated

Regards,

bill

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: IPAD connection issue
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Have you tried to change the network name for your wireless network to see if this could be causing the issue. You have done the normal troubleshooting and the PS3 is connecting to the Verizon network successfully.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Shamika_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

Have you tried to change the network name for your wireless network to see if this could be causing the issue. You have done the normal troubleshooting and the PS3 is connecting to the Verizon network successfully.

Shamika_Vz
Verizon Support

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes
wkiziuk
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just wanted to provide an update, was finally able to connect to my Home Network by turning off the MAC filtering setting for my modem, once connected i re-enabled them (not sure if i needed too or not, but as it "seems more secure did so). Working fine now.

Just wanted to share in case someone is having similar issue.

Regards,

bill

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Glad to hear you've gotten the iPad to connect! Figured I'd also let you know, MAC Address filtering honestly isn't any more secure than leaving the network wide open. Sure, it is a roadblock to people who find out what your wireless key is, but anyone who knows how to change a MAC address their Wireless NIC uses can get past it in a matter of seconds. If you're looking for something really secure, WPA2-PSK AES encryption is the way to go. WPA-TKIP would be the better option over WEP if WPA2 is not available.

0 Likes
filmo

I just got a new IPAD 32MB and I can connect to any other WI-FI network on the planet easily and automatically (airports, hotels, coffee shops, etc.) except for my FIOS network at home !  My neighbor also has FIOS and his IPAD connected automatically.  He barely knows what his FIOS modem is, let alone how to change settings on it.  So if "Mac filtering" on the modem is the problem, how do you turn it off?  I have WEP encryption.  Verizon Customer Support is useless and/or non-existent.  Any help appreciated. 

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Visit http://192.168.1.1/ and log in using the following username and password:

admin as username

Router's Serial Number as password

Click on Wireless Settings. You should then see a category for MAC address filtering right there on the list, or under the Advanced Wireless Settings section.

Or the easy way is if there are no special configurations in the router, you can just reset it to factory defaults and it will go back to the way Verizon delivered the router.

0 Likes
phillysis519

How do you turn off the MAC filtering system for the modum?

0 Likes