Im getting slower Connection speeds
Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Im getting slower connection speeds then what i ordered i got the 15mps and i only get 10 ?

0 Likes
Re: Im getting slower Connection speeds
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you post up your modem Transceiver Statistics? If you don't know how to get this info, tell us what modem you are using.

0 Likes
Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Transceiver Statistics

Transceiver Revision: 7.2.3.0   Vendor ID Code: 4   Line Mode: ADSL2+ Mode   Data Path: Interleaved     Transceiver Information Downstream Path Upstream PathDSL Speed (Kbits/Sec) 11763 979 Margin (dB) 7.0 9.0 Line Attenuation (dB) 34.0 15.5 Transmit Power (dBm) 19.4 12.1

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

It looks like you're right at the edge of the 10Mbps service limit for your copper line, as your margins are low and the line speed is incorrect.

Do you have access to a NID? If so, can you plug your modem into your NID's test jack and pull up the new statistics it shows? The NID can often times be found outside on the side/rear of your home, near your electrical panel/meter or on a pole near the street (uncommon for the last one).

0 Likes
Xclusive1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Whats NID

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check out this FAQ For more info: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317

It is pretty much the point where your home's wiring meets up with the copper drop coming from Verizon. It will be either a box or a junction.

0 Likes