Installation Fee and Employee Discount not honored
mrdizle

I signed up online for the $40 internet only plan and had chosen an installation date.

Subsequently, I realized I was eligible for the $70 triple play Gigabit package and I signed up for the Verizon connections and signed up online for the package.

I never received any notification for the installation confirmation. I called Verizon and the rep told me that she could not cancel the original $40 Internet install and keep the triple play only. She said she would have to cancel both and I would have to sign up over the phone with her. She said there as no way to do it online. 

She also said she would followup with me about the employee discount for the first month.

Fast forward two weeks. I got a bill for both the $99 installation and NO employee discount. And the rep never called me to followup with the employee discount!

I called telephone support and the person I spoke to was very rude and would not let me speak to a supervisor. Finally he said he would connect me to someone and it was a wrong number, probably did this on purpose.

Why should I have to pay installation fee if I was told to sign up by phone and there was no way I could do it online? It is Verizon's fault! Also, why can't I get the employee discount in month one, if that's what their rep promised me?

0 Likes
Re: Installation Fee and Employee Discount not honored
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Now that install is done can you go back to your employee page and sign up for discount again? It seem that the rep didn’t do anything as far as the employee discount is concerned. 

0 Likes
mrdizle

Maybe I could sign up for the discount, but Verizon is saying that it won't even be applied until after the 2nd month. Seems unfair when the original rep told me that she would make an adjustment for the first month.

And the other issue is still the $99 installation fee. I signed up online and was told by phone that both orders would need to be canceled and I would only be able to sign up by letting her complete the application by phone! Why should I be held accountable for the $99 installation fee in this situation?

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

That is pretty bad considering your are an employee. Apparently the reps lie to the employees just as they do us. I would definitely go back and sign up for your discount. Could you go to you supervisor for help with the installation fee?

0 Likes
mrdizle

Sorry, I signed up using Verizon Connections through my employer. I am not an employee of Verizon itself.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Gotcha. Hope everything works out. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi mrdizle,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes