Interesting... Let's see if My post gets Deleted again.
JayAche

I want to know what the deal is with my "High-Speed" as Verizon likes to advertise it as...
This is by far the SLOWEST, and I mean SLOWEST service I have ever encountered in my life.
Slower than Dial-Up

Now lets be real...
12:00 A.M Last night .. and I had 310 Ping.

Clearly this is a problem a majority of the community is having, and I just can't figure out why there is no solution for it.

From Noon until 2:00 A.M. My  ping constantly spikes between 250-900 Ping.

From 2:00AM - Noon, I sit pretty with 120-ish...

Why in the hell do I have to go through this DAY AFTER DAY..

I'm Paying for HIGH SPEED INTERNET...
Not a garbage connection that EVERYONE within 100 miles is sharing.

What is the deal?

0 Likes
Re: Interesting... Let's see if My post gets Deleted again.
JayAche

I'll also again, Post my SpeedTest results.

0 Likes
Re: Interesting... Let's see if My post gets Deleted again.
yourfister2004

I thought I had a reason to be upset.  I don't feel quite as bad as I'm sure you do at the moment.  I understand your frustration, however.  I totally agree with you.  I am not witnessing speeds that low, however, I am experiencing slower that claimed speeds as well.  I have been speedtest.net ing as well as checking my internet speed through the verizon website and have yet to clear 25mbps.  I have been paying for the 35/35 service for over 2 years now.  I only began checking my speed recently when I began noticing long wait times for Netflix/youtube videos and heavy lagging with online gaming.  I upped my plan to the 35/75 (because I can not justify the crazy increase in TV channels for quantum when I mainly watch Netflix to get the 150mbps service).  Once I upgraded my plan, I check randomly throughout the day.  It seems no matter what time I check 2am or 2pm, I can not clear 25mbps up or downlaod speeds.  I understand that the speeds they sell are "up to" or the fasted I can expect.  Come on though.  I should see those kinds of speeds at some point.  The part that is irritating though is after the "upgrade" I experience these speeds.  How bad was it before then?

I was seriously debating on whether or not to take the hit and pay the extra $50 a month (additional to my previous plan) to get the Quantum.  If I can expect to see sluggish service (in comparison) such as this, it is not worth the money.  I am honestly curious to see if anyone has done any experimenting with speed comparisons to see if the 150mbps truely offers speeds over 100mbps consistantly, and if they can even spike up to 150.

I know I am irritated with the lack of speed for the additional cost, so I can only imagine what those people in your situation are dealing with.  I know I feel cheated for paying on this kind of service, but people in your situation should get compesated for it or something.  Not like they can't afford it 🙂

Good luck with your internet speeds.  Just remember, even the Ford Model "T" was fast....at one point 😄

0 Likes