Intermittent connectivity problems
sandellie4

I've had an Actiontec GT784WNV for about a year now with no issues. About two weeks ago, I lost Internet entirely; the green Internet light on the modem was off.

I called Verizon and they set something on their end. Now I have Internet access (DSL; the Internet light is now lit on the modem), but I am getting intermittent "This page can't be displayed" messages even when pulling up Google. If I type in the same URL a few moments later, the page comes up without a problem.

This is occurring on all my computers, PC and Mac alike, and across all Internet providers (IE, Safari, Firefox). On my iPad (Safari), the connection can be restored if I disconnect from the Internet and then reconnect. I am having to do this several times a day.

Could it be the modem, or is that unlikely? I'm reading some of the posts on the forum about diagnostic information and the point where the line enters my home. How do I check this to see if I may have a line problem in my house?

Sandy

0 Likes
Re: Intermittent connectivity problems
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

I'm going to send you a message and see if we can figure out exactly where the problem lies.

I will be asking for account information as well just for security purposes

~Jess

0 Likes