Internet Disconnects every 10 minutes!
cheryla1

Hi, I've been having this problem for months upon months now. My internet connection tends to go down often. Around 2 - 3 days out of the week it will be a pain surfing the web.

What would happen is that it would disconnect for about 5 - 10 minutes every 20 - 30 minutes then come back on then repeat.  I've noticed it gets even worse in the night sometimes, where I'm disconnected more frequently; 5 - 10 minutes every 5 - 10 minutes

I've called support numerous times, but have never gotten any lasting help. They tell me to make sure my modem is away from other wires and/or my satellite dish, etc. 

I've tried many things to try and help, I've asked for a new modem, I've reinstalled Windows XP, moved all wires away from my modem and I still get this problem every week!

Modem: Westel Model 6100F 

Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
Re: Internet Disconnects every 10 minutes!
dyn4mik3

I'm having the same issue with a 6100F.

Seriously pissed about the customer service process. So basically everytime this happens it takes 2 days for them to run "line tests" to tell me it sucks, then I get the run around from technical support about how I need to reboot/turn off/etc. Then by the time a technician is about to come to the house, the internet starts working properly.

I'm thinking about switching to cable internet. 

0 Likes
Provider7
Contributor - Level 3

The first thing I would look at is the modem.  When you loose service is the Dsl light steady or flashing?.  It should be steady all the time.  If it is flashing you lost service...This could be caused by numerous things.  Our lines outside, poor wiring in the house...etc...

{please see Provider7's post about the Canadian number here}
Message Edited by Kathleen on 02-16-2009 09:18 AM
WINKEY64
Enthusiast - Level 2
thanx for the phone # for english speaking tech support
0 Likes