Internet Down Since Yesterday - Cannot Contact Verizon
darkat15

I am trying to get a hold of someone at Verizon to at least give me some information regarding why FiOS is down. However, was on hold for 3 hours before giving up and Live Chat doesn't work. Not very impressed with the customer service (or lack thereof). Do not like being left in the dark with no contact whatsoever. I have already experienced previous disappointments with Verizon and I am seriously considering switching my provider. This is ridiculous!

0 Likes
Re: Internet Down Since Yesterday - Cannot Contact Verizon
jonjones1
Legend

Your service is down because the eastern coast has had two crippling storms in the last two weeks. And another on the way for Sunday or Monday. You are not the only customer that is having these issues.

0 Likes
EdR77

I feel your pain; there is a fios wire down right in front of my house and I can't report it because live chat and phone support are down. And what makes it worse is that the verizon site shows my area as outage-free.

0 Likes
mb466

And?  I had Fios installed yesterday and have not been able to activate my Internet service.  Its impossible to get a hold of anyone, and when you do, they're useless and use terms they do not even understand.  

This customer service is **bleep** POOR and makes me regret big time from switching from Optimum.  I never had an issue with their service in over 5 years.  Verizon has made a pathetic showing.

0 Likes
Rynbill

Good luck with that - same for us; technician was due between 12 and 2 pm. Verizon confirmed by text in the morning. Never showed up. No communication, no one to talk to; chat is busy; and try getting on by phone. Pathetic company. Profits first, customers do not matter.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@mb466wrote:

And?  I had Fios installed yesterday and have not been able to activate my Internet service.  Its impossible to get a hold of anyone, and when you do, they're useless and use terms they do not even understand.  

This customer service is **bleep** POOR and makes me regret big time from switching from Optimum.  I never had an issue with their service in over 5 years.  Verizon has made a pathetic showing.

The technician should have shown you how to self activate at the website. activate.verizon.net I believe is the site. Follow the directions. http://activate.verizon.net 

https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/getting-started/setup-services

See links above.

0 Likes