Internet connection
candy07
Enthusiast - Level 2

PLEASE, PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

I have not been able to connect to the internet in my home for 3 MONTHS!  Call Center continues to give me the run around. They are always "testing the lines"...with no solution ran a diagnostic and the message "DNS not found" was what I got. When I checked my DNS setting, it is set to "automatic".

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE can SOMEONE help me.

Is this another option? Can I select a DNS? As you can tell I am at my wits end and all I get from the Call Center is "We are sorry that you are having this problem ma'am, we will test the line." For 3 months? Please, send help soon!

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet connection
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A blinking DSL light indicates a lack of sync, so changing DNS servers wouldn't fix this anyways since there is no physical connection. Do you have Voice Service with Verizon? If so, do you by any chance hear static on it or other noises that should not be present during a call? If not, do you happen to have access to your NID, and does the modem connect when you connect it to your NID?

For information on what a NID is, see this FAQ: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317 . The NID is generally located near your electrical service panel/meter, or on an extension pole somewhere on your property.

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can always choose to use another DNS server if you so wish. But first, let's ensure what Verizon is saying about the line is true. When you look at your modem, is the DSL light solid or blinking, and is the Internet light solid or is that blinking, red, or off?

candy07
Enthusiast - Level 2

The DSL light is flashing and the Internet light is off.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

A blinking DSL light indicates a lack of sync, so changing DNS servers wouldn't fix this anyways since there is no physical connection. Do you have Voice Service with Verizon? If so, do you by any chance hear static on it or other noises that should not be present during a call? If not, do you happen to have access to your NID, and does the modem connect when you connect it to your NID?

For information on what a NID is, see this FAQ: http://www.dslreports.com/faq/1317 . The NID is generally located near your electrical service panel/meter, or on an extension pole somewhere on your property.

candy07
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will check as soon as I get home from work. I will post my findings later this evening or tomorrow morning. I really appreciate your help. You have been more helpful in this one conversation than my numerous conversations over the past few months.

I will follow up here...please don't disappear....Thanks!

weedeater1
Contributor - Level 3

Where are you located, approximately? And do you hear dial-tone on that line (assuming you have voice service)?

taz15hoops18
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is interesting, the exact same thing happened to me on Friday.  When I call Verizon they had no clue what was wrong.  I kept pushing for them to figure something out and finally they said there was a change in my account and I had cancelled my DSL service.  I told them I had changed anything in my service for over a year.  So they told me they would look into it and call me back soon.  I never got a call back, so I called Saturday to find out what was going on, they told me that there was a work request in for my account to another department but that department doesn't work on weekend so they would not be able to do anything until Monday.  Again I pushed for them to tell me what was wrong on my account and why there was a change in my account.  They told me the only change they could see on my account was an upgrade on my internet service in July which I told him was impossible because I wasn't even in the country when that would have taken place.  Then he told me he didn't know what was wrong with my account so I have to wait until Monday for them to fix what ever the problem is.  UGH!

halvey59

I wish someone from this company would help me.  No hi speed internet for a year,  but i'm paying for it.  My computer crashed and had to do a restore.  Lost the icon for high speed,  called verizon,  they said to call msn, msn said call verizon and we went back and forth,  even supervisors couldn't figure it out.  I'm going to go with another service if i don't hear something soon....  I'm on dialup speed but paying for high speed for the last year since I crashed.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@halvey59 wrote:

I wish someone from this company would help me.  No hi speed internet for a year,  but i'm paying for it.  My computer crashed and had to do a restore.  Lost the icon for high speed,  called verizon,  they said to call msn, msn said call verizon and we went back and forth,  even supervisors couldn't figure it out.  I'm going to go with another service if i don't hear something soon....  I'm on dialup speed but paying for high speed for the last year since I crashed.

Is your Internet Light and DSl light lit on the modem? Your old MSN software isn't needed to access the services you get through Verizon, since all of that can be done through a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Firefox. If your connection is working, which is how I'm assuming you're posting, is it slow through IE/Firefox? A computer crash won't "slow" down a connection.

0 Likes