Internet connectivity with my own router
RCman2626

Hi all,

First time poster here. I am trying to switch from a G3100 Verizon router to my own Netgear AC1750. I followed the steps outlined in the pinned post for using my own router. Even after trying all steps, I still cannot connect to the internet using my own router. I tried to reset both the Netgear router and my ONT to no avail. When switching back to the Verizon router, I am able to connect to the internet without issue. 

Perhaps I'm missing something? Any advice would be helpful. Thank you!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Internet connectivity with my own router
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use my own router with FiOS TV so occasionally I connect my G1100 to get STB updates. I never have to release the IP anymore. Just connect it and it’s online.  
Either way I would login to your Verizon router and release your IP then immediately disconnect the router. Don’t connect the Netgear until tomorrow morning and try setting up again. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Netgears can be a pain to setup. Did you download the Netgear app and go through it’s setup process?

Majikmike22
Enthusiast - Level 1

Remove the verizon router and reset your own router. When you have reset your netgear router. Sign into the router login.com go through the step and then call verizon and have them release your MAC address. Some technician are more helpful than others. I completed this myself last week. It works good luck.

RCman2626

Yes I've tried to do this. It would not work.

0 Likes
RCman2626

Thank you. I just tried doing this and the tech told me that it was not something they could change.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I use my own router with FiOS TV so occasionally I connect my G1100 to get STB updates. I never have to release the IP anymore. Just connect it and it’s online.  
Either way I would login to your Verizon router and release your IP then immediately disconnect the router. Don’t connect the Netgear until tomorrow morning and try setting up again.